The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the NZ privacy Act 1993 and how it protects personal information in NZ.
The Information We Collect
As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer via this websites.
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who We Share This Information With
We will not share the information we collect with any third parties apart from the following circumstances:
1. Where the information may be hosted with a service provider, our supply agreements with them continue to protect any PII from unauthorised use as per the Privacy Act 1993.
2. Aggregated data (not the PII) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
3. PII may be shared with third parties where we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by Law.
What Else We Do With Personally Identifiable Information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2. To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
5. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
We collect your name and email address for the purpose of responding to any correspondence.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Third Party Providers’ Cookies and Tracking
If you wish, you can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by using the Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile indefinitely. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Can We Change This Policy?